At the recent Oracle Database World event, I had the pleasure of presenting the general session for the mission-critical track, along with my colleague Ashish Ray. In our session, I outline the five essential ingredients you need to deploy and operate a mission-critical database, regardless of what workload you plan to run.
Each of the subsequent technical sessions provides a deeper dive into each ingredient. These sessions include:
- Transparent Performance with Exadata presented by Kodi Umamgeswaran
- Oracle Maximum Availablity Architecture delivered by Markus Michalewicz
- Simplifying App Dev with RAC given by Anil Nair
- Complete Database security in 4 simple steps presented by Russ Lowenthal
- How to evolve Database Apps entirely online presented by Ludovico Caldara
If you didn’t have an opportunity to join the live event, you can now access all the sessions on YouTube. Below is a link to the entire mission-critical playlist.
Hopefully, watching this playlist will give you valuable tips and technologies to deploy a mission-critical database successfully.